Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reflective Prompts

1. What are your plans as a writer (how do you expect to use writing in your future)?
With what I have planned with my life so far, I would have to write for a pretty long time. Up until the start of the semester, most of my serious writing was specifically intended as scholarly works. But now, since I've had this class, I'm willing to venture into more personal and reflective works. Hopefully I can hone in on this and someday be published.


2. Describe any changes in your writing style
Writing scholarly works is quite different from writing creative nonfiction. Before the class I never really had a style as far as this kind of writing. But I think I've developed a very personal and casual style.

3. Describe any changes in your writing process
I've always done simultaneous editing on writing. Whatever I type is something thats already been thought through. However, after class, I've learned that sometimes, its quite useful to just write it all out, regardless of form and style.


4. Describe any changes in your attitude toward/interest in/understanding of writing in general, and CNF in particular.
I've warmed up to CNF.


5. What have you learned about yourself as a writer?
I learned I can move past just being a scholarly writer and actually write more personal works.


6. What features of your writing do you feel are most important for you to work on?
I need to focus. I just need to focus a lot more.

No comments: