Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Input Output: What do I do?

Ok. I've read all of the very generous comments and I see a common trend. People want to hear about that time I moved to Indonesia. Well, I feel the same way Camille does, it was so long ago that I wont be able to remember everything so clearly. However, I will eventually write an essay about it but it would need more time. Perhaps one of the later essays? We'll see. In any case, I see what Dan was saying about how coming the moving to the US story is but thats not really the point of my essay. I'm talking about rebirth and a new start. Perhaps I should not mention what country I move to, I think I can pull that off, we'll see. I think I'm pretty set. I know how the structure is gonna be, I just need to figure out the transitions. I still have to refine the particular scenes that I can remember, but they may have to be composite scenes. Don't worry, I'll let you know. PLEASE let me know if theres anything else I can do.

2 comments:

Liz Reilly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz Reilly said...

Ok, before I was forcibly separated from the keyboard, this is what I was trying to say:

If you're worried about transition - here's a interesting thought. Write into (MWHAHAHA! more writing! yes!) what the physical sensations of each season mean for you/do for you. Your own symbols. You've started this already with the winter piece. Perhaps parallel each season with its strongest sensation with the strongest emotion - place them next to each period.

If you feel a strong connection with any of the countries, maybe look into local symbolism about seasons. Might give you further inspiration - meanings you agree or (more excitingly) disagree with...thereby making you examine your own associations...yeah I'm on a limb here ;)

I like the idea of not mentioning the country, as the geography is not so much the point as what you're' doing/feeling. Making composite scenes would support this, as their "essence" takes priority over their action.

What are some rebirths in your life? Any that you can arrange around this one central renewal? Are there any patterns that lend themselves to "kinetic" writing (the movement from one idea to another)

And that's all I got for now...